We produce leather handbags, wallets and small accessories with an emphasis on slow made, high quality, hand-finished craftsmanship that will thrive with everyday use. That’s why all of our products are limited edition and produced in small batches, ensuring each and every one of our products are one-of-a-kind and can withstand the test of time.
Steering away from the fast fashion trend, we primarily use vegetable-tanned leather because it creates the least amount of chemical waste and produces a honey-colored patina that gets better with age.
Our primary goal is to build a brand that is known for its positive interactions with customers, employees and the environment. We hope to create functional products for people on the go and one day provide training and live-able wage jobs in communities without easy access to higher education.
We are looking for an individual who prides his/herself on high attention to detail, has a vast history of varied job experiences, an incredible autonomous work ethic and an interest in being a part of a collaborative team. If you often feel the urge to straighten off-kilter picture frames, feel like you’re a jack of all trades with your variety of previous job/education experiences, flourish when left to on your own at work and want to be an integral part of a growing American brand, you might be a great fit!
· Assisting owner in:
o Creating and managing efficiency metrics for production
o Transferring current handbag designs to machine sewn patterns
· General handbag and small accessories production
o Production prep
o Sewing on industrial machine
o Cutting and trimming
o Prepping hardware and materials for production
o Organizing cut pieces
o Finishing edges
· Materials and finished goods inventory management
o Tagging and logging finished goods
o Tracking inventory using online inventory management system
o Corresponding with raw materials suppliers
o Raw materials receiving and logging
· Contribute to product team meetings, share feedback, and new ideas
· Has minimum 3 years experience with sewing leather, preferably on industrial walking foot machines
· Has an understanding of handbag and small accessories construction and production process
· Has a proven track record of organizing and managing multiple tasks simultaneously
· Has a demonstrated ability to adequately plan for upcoming due dates and meet deadlines
· Can sit/stand for up to 8 hours on a daily basis
· Has a positive attitude with ability to clearly communication with owner and other team members
· Has the ability to read, write and comprehend complex written or oral instructions and short correspondence
· Working knowledge of Microsoft Office products is a plus – specifically Word & Excel
· Basic knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite products is a plus – specifically Photoshop & Illustrator
Job Type: Part-time with flexible hours, 15-20 hours per week to start
Salary: $15-17 Hourly, sliding scale based on past experience in leather accessories production
Send your resume and cover letter to email@example.com